Exteranal Storage on the G1100 Router
SalIp

I have a question. Some of my friends have told me that they have connected an external hard drive on the back of their router to make an network drive. I have the FiOS-G1100 model router running in my house. When I connect the router and go into the router I don't see anywhere where I can enable it so that all in the house can connect to it. I have gonne into every settings tab and I find nothing to be able to access that external drive. What am I doing wrong??? I have googled this and I have found how to connect with other routers but nothing available for the G1100 router.. I have even checked the manual PDF file that I downloaded for the G1100 model..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exteranal Storage on the G1100 Router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The USB ports on the Verizon routers are basically only good for power. They won't supply NAS/printer server-like functionality if hard drives or printers are attached.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The USB ports on the Verizon routers are basically only good for power. They won't supply NAS/printer server-like functionality if hard drives or printers are attached.

0 Likes
EEAndersen
Enthusiast - Level 1

If this is a moderated forum, moderator please do take note.  Many customers would ike this feature enabled.  Clearly the hardware is there....

@SalIp wrote:

I have a question. Some of my friends have told me that they have connected an external hard drive on the back of their router to make an network drive. I have the FiOS-G1100 model router running in my house. When I connect the router and go into the router I don't see anywhere where I can enable it so that all in the house can connect to it. I have gonne into every settings tab and I find nothing to be able to access that external drive. What am I doing wrong??? I have googled this and I have found how to connect with other routers but nothing available for the G1100 router.. I have even checked the manual PDF file that I downloaded for the G1100 model..

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Smith6612 answered this question correctly. The answer will not change.

unlike high end asus or netgear routers the function is not enabled on the Fios Quantum Gateway Router 

0 Likes