Switch Account

Exteranal Storage on the G1100 Router

Exteranal Storage on the G1100 Router

SOLVED
Contributor SalIp
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,007 Views)

I have a question. Some of my friends have told me that they have connected an external hard drive on the back of their router to make an network drive. I have the FiOS-G1100 model router running in my house. When I connect the router and go into the router I don't see anywhere where I can enable it so that all in the house can connect to it. I have gonne into every settings tab and I find nothing to be able to access that external drive. What am I doing wrong??? I have googled this and I have found how to connect with other routers but nothing available for the G1100 router.. I have even checked the manual PDF file that I downloaded for the G1100 model..

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(1,004 Views)

The USB ports on the Verizon routers are basically only good for power. They won't supply NAS/printer server-like functionality if hard drives or printers are attached.

Contributor EEAndersen
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(312 Views)

If this is a moderated forum, moderator please do take note.  Many customers would ike this feature enabled.  Clearly the hardware is there....

@SalIp wrote:

I have a question. Some of my friends have told me that they have connected an external hard drive on the back of their router to make an network drive. I have the FiOS-G1100 model router running in my house. When I connect the router and go into the router I don't see anywhere where I can enable it so that all in the house can connect to it. I have gonne into every settings tab and I find nothing to be able to access that external drive. What am I doing wrong??? I have googled this and I have found how to connect with other routers but nothing available for the G1100 router.. I have even checked the manual PDF file that I downloaded for the G1100 model..

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(308 Views)

Smith6612 answered this question correctly. The answer will not change.

unlike high end asus or netgear routers the function is not enabled on the Fios Quantum Gateway Router 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.