FAKE Speed test - NO Bandwith!!! Quantum Scam {edited for privacy}
HighSpeed-Nope

I have switched to Quantum after being bombarded by advertizing pointing me to the holy grail of internet speed. Upon switching and paying more I have had nothing but issues, unresolved issues. Even the 2 techs that came out, who were great people, stated that they had NO idea why my service obviously sucked. So Now I sit here, with internet so inconsistent and slow that movies buffer or stop, games kick me out and most frustrating the Verizon site takes forever to load and allow me to voice my disgust in their service.

The only game that plays on my very expensive, Gaming PC, is that little app where Verizon test your speed. the site takes a few minutes to load, then a bundle of fake buttons show up here and there, before the actual >begin< button pops up. We all sit in awe as the little needle staggers up, and up to just over the advertized speeds we're paying for. The graphics are fantastic as they lead us to believe that even if I hooked this up to my toaster I would see the same worn out needle cranking its way to over  a hundred mps. Verizon themselves will tell you if you demand the truth that 100mps is not a realistic speed for service. But it sure makes those graphic scream.

I showed both techs my pathetic bandwidth, 2mps then a pause then 3mps then a pause then 0mps, then a pause. I show them a historical graph of my bandwidth as I attempt to play a game or stream a movie, same pathetic numbers; 3mps, pause4mps pause...

PLEASE VERIZON: I have tried talking to your customer service people, Im in Rhode island and the last two were from Mexico and the Phillipines. I went so far to learn the language they were speaking so when the asked me to disconnect my router and count to 10 I could do it in their native toungue. We joked about the weather as we rebooted my router for the third time and reset the brick to the factory defaults. The gentleman from Mexico even said a prayer the last time.  It might be the router itself said the man from the Phillipines, I told him it was the third time I drove to the store and exchanged it, but I mean what the hell a wish and a prayer should be followed by redundant stupid trips across town. Nope not the router. Customer service girl#1 told me right after the strike that I was on "mocha" she tried to sound intelligent but her mispronunciation of router as Rooterbox gave her away as an idiot. I asked what "mocha" was and she answerd as proud as Hillary at the top of Everest, well that's the problem right there, "Mocha". So i switched over to Ethernet, make a note of that incase you plan  upgrading. You need to actually understand the science and check your own wiring after the professionals upgrade you. I should have asked the surgeon before he left if i was still on "Mocha" , but i didn't want to quiz the genius before he got back into that big truck parked on my front lawn by a few feet. Nope Mocha was NOT the problem. so we reset the router box thing back to the Mexican factory default, and selected English as my languge feeling all risky and reckless.

So here I sit , just tried to sign in to Verizon website to test my speed again, want to see if that needle wiggles it way to 300mps or something, I'm truly an addicted idiot when it comes to that speed test heroin. Of course for some strange reason verizon wont' accept my password and I was forced to change it. I typed in a new one and it got refused because it was "too easy to guess'. Are you freaking kidding me, I'm actually going to show you what I typed, and was told it was "too easy to guess".  I used the weight of my dog, the date when he died, followed by my initials and then all my accounts have the dollar sign added at the end, meaning it's a billable service, so here is the "easily guessed password to my account: {edited for privacy} , Ohh my god what have I done? Now someone can hack into my account and browse through all my crappy services. What if they set my internet speed on some unGodly level that makes all webpages just blurr by, and what if my game plays so fast I actually can't see the bullet I fired two minutes ago?.. I might just be able to watch a movie without the periodic pauses Im acustom to , so I'll actually need to push pause to go to the bathroom instead of just getting up any **bleep** time I want.....What have i done?????

and again that password is {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: FAKE Speed test - NO Bandwith!!! Quantum Scam
HighSpeed-Nope

LOL... I just re read that , apparently I should have spell checked before I posted it,  i type way to fast when I'm on a tear, but I got to tell you my son and I are laughing our **bleep** off.  

at least Verizon gave me some bonding time with my boy, now that the internet is down.

0 Likes
Re: FAKE Speed test - NO Bandwith!!! Quantum Scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HighSpeed-Nope,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes