FIO installation scheduled - but question
jglx40

hi, after years of holding back, finally we ordered FIOS - the installation is scheduled for next week.

I am excited but also a little worried.  Why? because of wiring concerns.

The telephone pole is located diagnoally from my house. years ago, when i ordered  verizon telephone service, the installation guy just ran a line directly from the pole to my house's side wall, this line runs across my neighbor's front yard and it is pretty low. Obviously, neighbor was not happy, neither was I.  But after numerous phone calls with no resolution, we kind of accepted the fact.

P --------------A

|

|

|

|

B

Now, we are going to do some wiring again, I just wonder:

1) can they run the wire along the power line to the direct front of my house and then connect to the side wall?

means P -> A -> B  instead of P -> B like nowadays

2) how do i inform the technician to come w/ a bucket truck? obviously they need it to do the wiring, but often I see the Fios van in my town with just ladders on top, i just want them come prepared.

Thanks in advance for the all the input.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS installation ... question - Call FIRST
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@jglx40 wrote:

... finally we ordered FIOS - the installation is scheduled for next week ...

1) can they run the wire along the power line to the direct front of my house and then connect to the side wall? ...

2) how do i inform the technician to come w/ a bucket truck? ... want them come prepared ... 

Any order changes you wish to make must be done well in advance.  If you do request changes or special arrangements (such as you describe) it's likely there will be a change in the installation date, and there may also be additional charges.  That's something I won't speculate about.

It's quite possible that you can request that the wires be run underground.  Perhaps you will no longer require your old copper wiring (assuming you get Digital Voice).  Arrangements like these should be discussed well in advance with the sales department at Verizon Communications.

In the worst case, they will run the new fiber cable just as they ran the last one.  Evidently they have a legal easement for such installations, and although your neighbor may not be happy about it, such is life.  You must be prepared for issues that may arise between various Verizon departments such as Sales, Customer Service, and Installation.  VZ is a big company and delays and confusion are not unknown.  In any case, call and ask.

0 Likes