FIOS 150/35 Service Availability
stlblufan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had FIOS 35/35 service for about a year now.  I recently noticed that Verizon has a 150/35 tier available to consumers (see http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Bundles/Landing/fiosinternet_ultimate/fiosinternet_ultimate.htm).  Unfortunately, I am unable to get an answer from Verizone as to whether I can obtain this service.  I am in a new building (2008) in Manhattan.  Is 150mbps service a reality?  Does anyone have it?  If so, how did you get it?  Thanks!

Re: FIOS 150/35 Service Availability
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

When I check availability on the Verizon site I get:

We're sorry! FiOS Internet Up to 150 Mbps/35 Mbps Service is not available in your area.

What happens if you go through the steps of placing an order for 150/35 on the link that you posted?

stlblufan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the following message:

We're sorry, FiOS Internet Up to 150 Mbps/35 Mbps Service is not available for your account.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Doesn't that answer your question?  Although I too do wonder if anyone actually has the Tier 4 Ultimate service.  There hasn't been much chatter about it.

stlblufan
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't answer my question.  It implies that it is available in my area but not for my account.  Why not?  How can I make it available for my account?  I mean I'm trying to fork over a couple grand a year to Verizon here and I can't get any explanation of why my account would not be eligible for 150 service.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Good point.

I'm guessing the service really isn't available in your (or my) area and the semantics of the message is just wrong.    Maybe someone will turn up with a better answer.  I'm not holding my breath.

lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Not Availabe for me,but why would a home user need it.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@lou61166 wrote:

Not Availabe for me,but why would a home user need it.

Good question. Unless you had many users accessing many sites, along with tons of VOD steraming I see no need for it. Unes you just wanted it. I don't think many sites could fill that pipe.

I believe it is only being offered in areas that support GPON. Gigabit fiber.

0 Likes