Re: FIOS 25/25 UPLOAD Speed Problem - FIX
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3

This trick worked for me.  I recently upgraded to Extreme HD TV and 25/25 internet and my speeds  were aprox 17 on the DL and only 5-7 on the UL.  I unplugged the ONT from electrical outlet and then unplugged the battery from the ONT went and did a few things and came back about 10-15 min later and replugged everything in and I just ran the speed test and was at 25.2 on the DL and 18 on my UL speed.  Thanks for the info. 

FiosLovingGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello, i haven't been here for the last few days, sorry. Please do let us know if that worked for you? Thanks

0 Likes
Esteban

I never get the full amount of download speed when running test, but routinely get more than my listed upload speed.  I usually get 8-10 mb in upload speed on my 15/5 plan.  I post a lot of HD videos to youtube and other sites so the Upload speed was the key seller for me to get FIOS - can say I'm beyond happy since I'm getting more than what I'm paying for.  I still might try this though to see if I can get my full capacity on downloads.

0 Likes
Chrisdu
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's good to learn something new every day.  However, why go through the problem to fix it yourself?  What if you damage the box and you are responsible for the whole thing and there will be a big bill to fix it by Verizon.

I've a similar issue, call tech support and ask them to reset the Fios unit box remotely.

0 Likes
Tommy76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never been able to get past like 10Mb upload on any speed test Ive tried but I can actually upload at full 25Mb speed at all times...thanks for the tip though, you never know

0 Likes
FJMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the basic 5/2 service.  It works well when its working, but increasingly I'm finding that the bandwidth speed degrades to less than 1 sporadically often during daytime hours.  I thought originally it was my equipment  so I've done all the reboots and tried the FIOS Optimizer (which doesn't appear to work anyway) all with no results.  I tested the speeds with the Verizon test and many others, all with the same results.

Maybe this is just a local problem, but do others find the speed slows, particularly during business hours?

Is there a way to have Verizon check my service?

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ditto . Definitely going to try this out .

Iam comming from an old FIOS plan of 5/2 and just upgraded to 25/25 .

My download  speed is just fine at 25 on most everything , but my upload sucks  at 1.7mb no matter what Ive tried ; which is essentially the same speed I was getting with my old plan . I dont really expect a full 25 upload , but atleast a steady 10 or a decent 15 would be fine .

I'll try the op's trick of total power shut down later tonight and see how it goes . Report back later ...

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

*UPDATE*

Ok I did the suggested power down "trick" on my ONT twice for different durations ..... NO change for me with my 25/25 , as Iam still getting only 1.7 on my up (down is still fine) .

It maybe because that my ONT is fairly old , one of the originals out from about 6+ yrs ago . Guess a call to Verzion is next . Ive got to call them anyway , as it looks like they hooked up one my rooms CAT5E lines to the phone box at one time  and that hardline line does not work (for obvious reasons  😛  ) Never noticed  this snafoo till now  , as that line was not used or needed till now .

Anyway thx to OP for his power down suggestion . 😉

Hidev

UPDATE

I have tried the same power down proceedure with not much luck.

I was originally on the 35/35 plan. Getting 35 down and max 10 up. I changed to the 25/25 plan and get 26 down and 10 up.

I have tried every trick in the book to get this sorted but to no avail.

I run my own router connected to the ont via cat5. To test and eliminate my hardware from the issue i cloned the mac of my router to my laptop and connected direct to the ont. Speed test still gave the same crappy upload.

I now have a tech coming on Monday to test the circuit from the ont to their CO.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Hidev wrote:

UPDATE

I have tried the same power down proceedure with not much luck.

I was originally on the 35/35 plan. Getting 35 down and max 10 up. I changed to the 25/25 plan and get 26 down and 10 up.

I have tried every trick in the book to get this sorted but to no avail.

I run my own router connected to the ont via cat5. To test and eliminate my hardware from the issue i cloned the mac of my router to my laptop and connected direct to the ont. Speed test still gave the same crappy upload.

I now have a tech coming on Monday to test the circuit from the ont to their CO.

Call support and demand the issue be resolved. It may be an issue with older hardware. There have been discussions regarding the origional AFC 610 ONT and faster service levels. Read some of these posts and see if your ONT is the older type. Open the door on the ONT and see if it is the ACF 610 or 610x. They may come out and change your hardware, if a tech visit occurs and they can not get the subscribed speeds.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=ont+610#message-list

0 Likes