Re: FIOS 25/25 UPLOAD Speed Problem - FIX
IAmTheD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because we're big boys here and if we can fix it ourselves then we do so.

0 Likes
IAmTheD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here are my current results. I'm going to attempt the changes listed in this forum and I'll post my speed changes after each.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1141992261.png

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also try the speedguide.net optimizer,  it's better than the Verizon one in my opinion. 

under their download section. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the gigabit could represent the GPON Architecture. 

0 Likes
rniederh

I just got FiOS installed and I checked my speed first thing.  It said ir was 17/7 which isn't the 25/25 Verizon sold me on, line of *bleep* notwithstanding.  So I found this post saying I could reset the FiOS box so I'd like to try it.  I presume you mean the CNT box with the battery backup in it.  I haven't got a hex wrench on hand so I thought I'd just unplug the main power cord where the CHT is plugged into the outlet.  However, there's a tag on that cord that says "do nut unplug telecom equipment."  So now I'm wondering if I should rustle up a hexwrench from one of my brothers or if I can safely ignore the tag warning and unplug the CHT from there.  Anyone have an idea or tip for me?  I just want the 25/25 as advertised, especially since you've demonstrated that those speeds are achievable. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

I have had fios sinceJanuary 3rd,the 25/25 package never had anything less the 24 on the upload but for about 10 days my download speeds where at times 10 to 15 but only between 4PM and 12 pm,but in the last 2 weeks all day long 30,31 down 25 26 up,so i am pleased with my current package.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@rniederh wrote:

I just got FiOS installed and I checked my speed first thing.  It said ir was 17/7 which isn't the 25/25 Verizon sold me on, line of *bleep* notwithstanding.  So I found this post saying I could reset the FiOS box so I'd like to try it.  I presume you mean the CNT box with the battery backup in it.  I haven't got a hex wrench on hand so I thought I'd just unplug the main power cord where the CHT is plugged into the outlet.  However, there's a tag on that cord that says "do nut unplug telecom equipment."  So now I'm wondering if I should rustle up a hexwrench from one of my brothers or if I can safely ignore the tag warning and unplug the CHT from there.  Anyone have an idea or tip for me?  I just want the 25/25 as advertised, especially since you've demonstrated that those speeds are achievable. 

Thanks. 

If it's wireless and you're getting bad speeds, then you should be changing your wireless channels

If it is not wireless then make sure you do the following.

1. Make sure you are hardwired

2. Make sure you  re-runs the Verizon Optimizer

3. Make sure you are testing at http://speedtest.verizon.net 

If if you are wireless, make sure you re-run the optimizer

0 Likes
fiberspeed

i help fiber subscribers with upload and download speed issues every day. If you still need assistance getting the correct speed send me an email and i will send you instructions of exactly what to do.  You just need a system registry update for XP or Win7. that is what the optimizer is trying to do

0 Likes
chiku18

Fiberspeed ,,

Could you please help me as I am running speed test on both Windows XP and 7 and am getting only 30 /11 (for 25/25) through speedtest. I did ran optimizer but no luck, this is with Gigabit hardwired connectity with my router.

0 Likes
paulandjean

Vola or not, you are 100% certain THAT is what fixed the problem? If 1,000 people all reported the same result, would then perhaps be sure. So far only one.

0 Likes