Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

FIOS - 802.11 compatibility mode issues with MI424WR-GEN2

TheRic
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS - 802.11 compatibility mode issues with MI424WR-GEN2

Message 1 of 1
(2,612 Views)
Firmware Version:20.19.8
Model Name:MI424WR-GEN2
Hardware Version:F
Serial Number:[redacted]
Physical Connection Type:

Ethernet

A week ago, my connection went bad.  Nothing had changed on my device side or router configuration.  Using standard FIOS router with wireless WPA2.  Couldn't consistantly browse the web or get a reliable connection, sometimes it would be ok, most of the time not.  While investigating, I found that pinging a site would either time out or have very high times, in the thousands.  I then pinged the router, 192.168.1.1 and saw the same results.  Contacted FIOS, who had me hard reboot the router, so after reworking my wireless security settings; problem seemed to be ok, however moments after we hung up...it came back.  When I plug on via ethernet, it works fine.  I'm on a newer laptop with wireless 802.11 n; other 2 laptops and android/iphone are also usually connected.  the other laptops are 802.11 g.  Been reading and debugging for several days and just before giving up and calling FIOS again; I went through the router settings.  Tried switching the 802.11 mode from compatibility to performance and after the change took, my laptop pings dropped to under 1 ms with no timeouts.  This is great, however, I'd like to get my 802.11 g devices back online.  Before I plug another router in and try using it as a connection point, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else has experienced this issue, or if you think this could be a router hardware issue or something else in my network? 

tia

The Ric

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title