TheRic
Enthusiast - Level 2
Firmware Version:20.19.8
Model Name:MI424WR-GEN2
Hardware Version:F
Serial Number:[redacted]
Physical Connection Type:

Ethernet

A week ago, my connection went bad.  Nothing had changed on my device side or router configuration.  Using standard FIOS router with wireless WPA2.  Couldn't consistantly browse the web or get a reliable connection, sometimes it would be ok, most of the time not.  While investigating, I found that pinging a site would either time out or have very high times, in the thousands.  I then pinged the router, 192.168.1.1 and saw the same results.  Contacted FIOS, who had me hard reboot the router, so after reworking my wireless security settings; problem seemed to be ok, however moments after we hung up...it came back.  When I plug on via ethernet, it works fine.  I'm on a newer laptop with wireless 802.11 n; other 2 laptops and android/iphone are also usually connected.  the other laptops are 802.11 g.  Been reading and debugging for several days and just before giving up and calling FIOS again; I went through the router settings.  Tried switching the 802.11 mode from compatibility to performance and after the change took, my laptop pings dropped to under 1 ms with no timeouts.  This is great, however, I'd like to get my 802.11 g devices back online.  Before I plug another router in and try using it as a connection point, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else has experienced this issue, or if you think this could be a router hardware issue or something else in my network? 

tia

The Ric

0 Likes