Re: FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network
AMB221
Same problem here...I've been complaining on a daily basis via multiple channels with no response from Verizon
0 Likes
Beyond
Ditto. FIOS app stopped working over the weekend. The tv still connects to youtube, twit.tv and other internet services just fine.

FIOS app still working on my iPad though.
0 Likes
No Problems here...
FIOS-Dan
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've read a lot of complaints, but haven't seen anyone state that everything if fine with the Samsung tv FIOS app. Well, I'm one of them. My Samsung FIOS Tv app has never been broken. It has always worked for me. I have a plasma smart tv (F8500 series).
0 Likes
AMB221
Still not working here
0 Likes
jgp2

I have the same problem. It started recently.  It is very annoying as I was not sure it was Verizon, but after ensuring that the Samsung TV is working well and spending a lot of time resetting everything and talking to Samsung I saw these posts and realize it is Verizon. I have 5 set boxes at home and only use 2, with the others used only occassionally where guests stay. I have the smart tv where I do my paperwork and use it so occassionally. I guess Verizon thinks that by preventing the use of the app, they can force the rental of another set box. I just don't understand this rationale. Clearly a lack understanding of customer needs and reflects poorly on their management and what they think of their customers. I am considering seriously changing services.

0 Likes
Re: No Problems here...
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FIOS-Dan wrote:
I've read a lot of complaints, but haven't seen anyone state that everything if fine with the Samsung tv FIOS app. Well, I'm one of them. My Samsung FIOS Tv app has never been broken. It has always worked for me. I have a plasma smart tv (F8500 series).

Surprised its still working for you (you have tried it in the last week).   Might help if it could be figured out what is different between you and others reporing it not working.  I am in indirect contact with Verizon support, and they seem to be having trouble in figuring out what is wrong.  I am currently testing in VHO2 Florida.

0 Likes
FIOS-Dan
Enthusiast - Level 3
I used it last night. It works perfectly. The FIOS app on my 2013 Samsung plasma tv says "Build 1.0.36". This app has always connected for me. It has never failed. I'm wondering if certain builds of this app are only meant to run on certain smarthubs of Samsung tv's? So loading my current FIOS app build on an older Samsung TV may be impossible due to hardware incompatibilities. My Samsung tv is also wirelessly connected to my FIOS MI424WR router.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FIOS-Dan wrote:
I used it last night. It works perfectly. The FIOS app on my 2013 Samsung plasma tv says "Build 1.0.36". This app has always connected for me. It has never failed. I'm wondering if certain builds of this app are only meant to run on certain smarthubs of Samsung tv's? So loading my current FIOS app build on an older Samsung TV may be impossible due to hardware incompatibilities. My Samsung tv is also wirelessly connected to my FIOS MI424WR router.

Same build for me, so thats not the difference.  And mine are also 2013 plasmas

0 Likes
eyali

Same problem here, customer service rep said it's a problem that has been inttorduced since Samsung's latest FW upgrade and has to do with a certificate issue.

My 2012 Smart TV is stuck on "Detecting Network" too, there is no network issues for sure.

Verizon, fix it, its a super minor thing, just fix, recompile and distribute already.

0 Likes
sava22066
I figured I'd add my "two cents", The FIOS tv app on my Samsung TV stopped work last week. Now when I open the app I get stuck on a "Detecting Network" screen. Something has changed between Verizon app or Samsung. I've also engaged FIOS customer service and was told it's probably the TV. The remedie was to reinstall the app. This was done serveral times and has not resolved the problem. I wonder if Verizon would be more responsive maintaining the Fios TV app if their competitors like Cox or Comcast had similar apps on the Samsung Smarthub exchange. People would have the opportunity to which from Verizon to a more responsive cable/inernet provider.
0 Likes