Switch Account

FIOS App says all devices offline (they’re not)

FIOS App says all devices offline (they’re not)

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(591 Views)

Trying to use parental controls on the App, but it lists ALL devices as being offline (including the phone currently connected to the router that I’m typing on). Since it thinks there are no active devices, it’s not blocking anything, yet there are multiple devices connected to the router.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app.Any way to force it to recognize connected devices?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(508 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I've rebooted my Gateway+FNE, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and even reconciled what the IP addresses on "myfiosgateway.com" have listed.

One interesting tidbit is that I just replaced the router on Thurs (Jan 2nd), and then started reintroducing devices back into my brand-new wifi network.  The weird thing is that the app retained all my former devices listed---even ones that hadn't ever been introduced to the new router.   It seems that the router needs to push data to the app, but isn't.  No idea how to do that.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(503 Views)

All devices show connected when I log into the router directly, so I know they’re there. Same trouble as you - router not connecting to the app...

Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(301 Views)

Same problem here. I've reset the gateway and signed out/in on the app but no devices are ever seen as online, making the controls useless.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.