Re: G3100 Router and myFios app
Kbnj1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the G3100 router and when i use the My Fios  App it shows that Home Network Protection is enabled.  I am also able to see my connected devices.  I have had this installation for only 2 weeks so maybe it is fixed now? 

0 Likes
Re: G3100 Router - Myfios App - Home Network Protection is disabled on your router
CrazyJK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a quick update.  Its now June 23 and it's still not resolved.  So I've tried to use the My Fios app Contact Us section.  The link to "Talk to Us".   I've requested a call back request 10 to 15 times over the past 5 days.  NOT A SINGLE CALL....   I guess this actually doesn't surprise me.   It's interesting that they promote the service and state you can request a time.  Nope.   Doesn't let me do that.  So it schedules it for immediately I guess, but again I never get a call.   Maybe I'm on the do not call list...

I did call the help desk again yesterday and after about 3 to 4 hours of waiting and being passed from one person to another, I finally got on the phone with Carlos.  He was supposed to be the HNP engineer.   Could barely understand him.  He basically told me that i would need to pay an additional $25/month to have this service added to my account.    So the "Device and Parental control" capability is extra...   WOW.   Just WOW.

My experience with the My FIOS app gets 1 Star.   Same with the customer support.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS App says all devices offline (they’re not)
Whale82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent a couple hours with Verizon and McAfee tech support this morning, and they say that the issue is that the router cannot connect with the My Fios App. (connection between the two is not made).  McAfee tech support said that the problem was not theirs and it is the Verizon Home Network Protection (HNP) group's issue to resolve, after diagnosing the router.

HNP said that they did not have access to repair the problem the first time, and they sent me to McAfee, thinking it was their issue.

Verizon - any help?  It appears that this is a back of house issue with your systems or with the router firmware.

JayJayz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have purchase the G3100 Router, since upgrade to this router the App stop working with the connected devices or security features. Can’t remove device from

my network. Verizon support is not help at all. Keeps giving you the run around and restart and reset this but nothing works. This app work with the old Quantum Gateway G1100. But it’s not compatible with the new G3100 router. 

HNP not working with 3100 router
Sumyall
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the new G3100 router, everything is working except for

Home Network Protection (HNP), parental controls. 

I've been on the phone with Verizon, for a couple of months, it's still not working.

Basically it does not allow me to initialize the service, it says the HNP not activated and it does not allow me to turn it on.

So far they they tried.

1) reboot router

2) reset router

3) remove app

4) login and logout of app.

5) McAfee support also validated their software was working.

6) They sent me new router.

7) Connected to myfios with an unaliased user account.  (internal cryptic userid)

Basically this is the problem,  through the myfios app, I go Internet , and then Home Network Protection.

I get a red error message at the bottom, saying that "HNP is not activated on your

account".  

Sometimes after a couple of tries, I get the McAfee screen, on the bottom on the screen is a status toggle that activates the HNP, but it's inactivated (greyed out) on

my apple phone.  However I tried it on an Andriod phone, it's not greyed out, but I get an error trying to turn it on.

I'm running out of ideas.

Just wondering if anybody else with a G3100 is experiencing the same issues?

0 Likes
MO3IV

I am currently on a 2+hr support call trying to resolve this same issue. We moved last month and upgraded to the 3100 router. The HNP feature through the MyFios app worked fine for about two weeks on my Samsung phone but has been down now for two weeks.  I get the same red bar message mentioned in all of the other complaints listed here.

0 Likes
MO3IV

Were you able to get it fixed?

0 Likes
JCCALC

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?? Verizon Customer Service was no help!!

0 Likes
Re: "My Network" Not Showing All Devices
TheRosenator

In my case, the router lists all the devices correctly, but the MyFios App does not. And unfortunately, I am only able to manage parental controls in the app. Therefore, I cannot manage the newest devices on my network (because they do not show up in the app, even though I can see them clearly on the gateway, and on verizon.com).

Is this an issue with the app, or some device limit I'm running up against? I also have over 50 devices.

0 Likes
Re: "My Network" Not Showing All Devices
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe FiOS App synchronization issue is a known issue.

You need to log into the router for management. To remotely log into your router, you need to enable Web GUI for WAN access and secure your password (by changing it every 90 days). You need to remember your IP address as well if you are offsite.

0 Likes