FIOS Availability Ridiculousness
kcyganik

When I found out that FIOS is available in my neighboorhood I was super excited about being able to drop TWC as my service provider. To much of my surprise when I went to the website I found out that FIOS is not available for my building (corner building in the heart of Maspeth, NY 11378), even though all houses on the side street can be hooked up. I even checked for my neighboor's address - his house is about 20 feet away from the building I live in, and his house is listed as ready for hookup. What a shame Verizon.... I doubt it, but if someone replies to me I can provide with detailed adress of my building, my neighbor's house along with Google street view links to show the ridicolousness of this situation.

Regards,

Chris.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Availability Ridiculousness
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has your building management allowed Verizon inside to install the Fiber cabling? In cities this is often the case where a block will be equipped with Fiber, but specific buildings deny Verizon the kind of access they need to the building. Or, this could be a case where Verizon genuinely skipped or missed a building, and it needs to be called out.

I'd say check with the building management to see if they have received any notices from Verizon. Failing that, see if you can get a rep at Verizon to submit an engineering request in. Sometimes, if the entire building calls in requesting service that would be enough to trigger an installation to happen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Availability Ridiculousness
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has your building management allowed Verizon inside to install the Fiber cabling? In cities this is often the case where a block will be equipped with Fiber, but specific buildings deny Verizon the kind of access they need to the building. Or, this could be a case where Verizon genuinely skipped or missed a building, and it needs to be called out.

I'd say check with the building management to see if they have received any notices from Verizon. Failing that, see if you can get a rep at Verizon to submit an engineering request in. Sometimes, if the entire building calls in requesting service that would be enough to trigger an installation to happen.

0 Likes