FIOS Availability in New Development (Built after FIOS rollout)
ctru3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a house in a new development in a suburb. The two streets on the development have about 40 completed houses, then there's more construction down the street for the next 'phase' of the building.

The town/zip code we're under, in general, has FIOS availability. The street that this new development is a branch off of, has fios availability up and down it on both sides. Is there a process or escalation I could follow so Verizon could look into including this development in a FIOS deployment, or are we out of luck since the houses were built after the initial rollout? I imagine running fiber to this development would be cheaper than in a lot of areas, since the sidewalk isn't in in all places yet.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Availability in New Development (Built after FIOS rollout)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if Verizon pulled copper into the neighborhood? Typically, once FiOS is available in an area, Verizon will not pull copper into a neighborhood but will instead pull Fiber to replace it. Although I have seen them do some backwards things in my area. The neighborhood next to mine had copper installed, then had FiOS installed a year later. But they left my neighborhood along with many others around it without FiOS, since they were built before FiOS was a word.

Re: FIOS Availability in New Development (Built after FIOS rollout)
ctru3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure Verizon ran anything into this new development at all, copper or fiber. 

I do know that the street that this development branches off of has fiber available.

e.g. A street has fiber, B street (that I live on) is new development/new construction built after the fiber rollout.

A------------

|

B->  |

|

Thanks for your response!

0 Likes