FIOS Availabilty Question -
JimH631

To Whom It May Concern

I have been told that FIOS is not available to my residence but I actually have a service loop hanging on the side of my house that terminates on a telephone poll with aerial Verizon fiber at the street.

See Attached Photos with Descriptions:

1. imageClose up view telephone pole loopimageHouse service loopimagePole ID infoimageWide view telephone pole loop- The Verizon service loop attached to the side of my house.
  2. Wide view telephone pole loop - The end point that the fiber terminates on the

telephone pole at the street side approximately 300 feet from my house. Note fiber

slice case on poll.

1. Close up view telephone pole loop - A close in view of the fiber loop on telephone

pole at the street.

1. Pole ID info - Telephone pole markings - the telephone pole has Virgina Power,

Comcast and Verizon cable.

The point that I'm getting to is that no one has physically looked or checked as far as I know whether the connections are there to connect me to FIOS or not. Verizon fiber is on pole and there is an aerial fiber spice case within an arms reach of on pole where the

fiber loop from my house is hanging.

If there is any additional information I can send, let me know.

I just want a straight explanation if I can't get FIOS. I do have DSL but my distance

from the central office makes my data rate painfully slow. I know that there are other

alternatives providers but I would rather continue being a Verizon customer if I can.

Regards

Jim

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Availabilty Question -
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JimH63,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing questions, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JimH63 wrote:

To Whom It May Concern

I have been told that FIOS is not available to my residence but I actually have a service loop hanging on the side of my house that terminates on a telephone poll with aerial Verizon fiber at the street.

See Attached Photos with Descriptions:

1. imageClose up view telephone pole loopimageHouse service loopimagePole ID infoimageWide view telephone pole loop- The Verizon service loop attached to the side of my house.
  2. Wide view telephone pole loop - The end point that the fiber terminates on the

telephone pole at the street side approximately 300 feet from my house. Note fiber

slice case on poll.

1. Close up view telephone pole loop - A close in view of the fiber loop on telephone

pole at the street.

1. Pole ID info - Telephone pole markings - the telephone pole has Virgina Power,

Comcast and Verizon cable.

The point that I'm getting to is that no one has physically looked or checked as far as I know whether the connections are there to connect me to FIOS or not. Verizon fiber is on pole and there is an aerial fiber spice case within an arms reach of on pole where the

fiber loop from my house is hanging.

If there is any additional information I can send, let me know.

I just want a straight explanation if I can't get FIOS. I do have DSL but my distance

from the central office makes my data rate painfully slow. I know that there are other

alternatives providers but I would rather continue being a Verizon customer if I can.

Regards

Jim

Actually it looks like you have been prewired for Fios at your home.

verizon did the same thing to our home before they came around selling the service.

1-800-VERIZON and hammer away at them.

Good Luck 

nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

Jim where do you live? I would send a written letter not email to Verizon Corporate HQ and also Google search Verizon Fios Address and a list of Verizon FioS stores will pop up in your area if there are any or a Verizon Experience store for that matter. Go there and ask to have FIOS setup at your home ASAP and show them your pictures as well in the store.

Dan

0 Likes