FIOS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST AND I AM NOT INSTALLED YET FOR NEW SERVICE!!
LB7911

So on May 20th I signed up for the triple play service for 59.99 with 2 year agreement with 4 tvs being installed with equipment, home phone service and internet/wifi. On May 25th I realized that I needed to change 3 of the boxes on my order to different ones so I called the 1800 verizon number and spoke with a woman agent who said she was able to make the changes and also wanted to verify on my order that I am getting everything that I am entitled to as a new customer to Fios so I told her okay. Never did this incompetent woman tell me that she was changing my ENTIRE ORDER. At the end of the call she said she made the changes to the equipment and gave me a confirmation number for the change.

Today May 26th memorial day, I receive an email from Verizon confirming the changes that they said I made to my ENTIRE PLAN AT 2:46PM. She cancelled out my original order I placed online and switched it to another plan that was much higher at 79.99 with additional services I did not request and the EQUIPMENT WAS NEVER CHANGE, the whole reason for my call. After reading the email and going back to the original email I received after placing my order on May 20th I called Verizon customer service. The woman I spoke to, again incompetent and unsympathetic to the situation  couldn't tell me why my order was change. She couldn't tell me anything and was silent the most of the **bleep** time. (Don't these people work for the same company, she should have been able to see exactly what went on in her system.)

When she did speak she said she was reviewing what was different from the last order. I said there is only ONE order that I placed and the only changes that I wanted was for the equipment. She didn't say anything after that. So after almost 10 minutes of silence, I said well at this point are you able to make the necessary changes to change me back to the original plan I signed up for with the correct equipment I needed. She told me NO, plain out.

Are you kidding me! I never authorize the change of my package, only to the equipment and your telling me you can't do nothing about it. The woman showed no type of empathy for the situation, nor apologize on behalf of Verizon and the lady who screwed up my family order. It was like she didn't care and then said If I want to cancel the order she couldn't do that and that I would have to call back tomorrow May 27th and do so. (Shouldn't a customer service agent do whatever they could to KEEP YOU as a customer and not send you to cancel the order...big problem)  I haven't been with verizon for many many years and thought I should give you people a try. The way this initial contact with this company has been has truly set the tone of how these people/company will treat me and my family for the next 2 years. This transaction has not been smooth and not somehting that I would rave about to my friends/co workers/community, I will tell them to NOT choose this company. I see now that Verizon customer service agents will add what ever they want to your account that you didn't authorize, tell you lies and not correct anything that they are at fault of.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST AND I AM NOT INSTALLED YET FOR NEW SERVICE!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST AND I AM NOT INSTALLED YET FOR NEW SERVICE!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Apologies we were unable to reach your desired resolution, LB7911.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about your service by posting on these public boards.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
Peter2638

Yep same here, slightly different.

On May 20th ordered a triple play with FiOS. Have to wait A WHOLE MONTH for installation. Everybody at customer support gives another explanation: first it has to do with the address (although according to the sales rep and the website FiOS was immediately available), then they had to do extra work that would take about 2 weeks (I should have got FiOS by now then, no?) {please keep it relevant}.

I have been on the phone with customer support for more than an hour almost everyday.

What's going on Verizon?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Peter2638,

Your private support case is still open so that you can continue to work with the Verizon agents directly on your issue.  The agents do not monitor the public boards.  If you have questions about the status of your issue, please post them in your thread in the private support area where the agents will be able to see them and respond to them.

0 Likes