Switch Account

FIOS Connection sometimes disconnects briefly for all devices

FIOS Connection sometimes disconnects briefly for all devices

Contributor SparkyHamster
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(984 Views)

Hi,

I have an issue where the WiFi disconnects for about one minute anytime from once per day to once per half hour. The disconnect affects every device using the WiFi, even if it is right next to the router/modem. After the minute passes, the Wifi reconnects automatically and then behaves normally. Even though the disconnect is short, it has very inconvenient effects for certain applications. This issue has persisted for many months.

Router:  Actiontec Mi424WR Rev. 1 from Verizon, Coax connection

Modem: D-Link DSL-6300V-I from Verizon

While the internet is disconnected, the VDSL light on the modem is off and the Internet light on the router is off. 

I've had a Verizon service person come by, but the internet was working at that time, as it usually is, so they didn't find any problems. Obviously something is wrong though, because I've had this exact same router and modem setup in a different apartment room last year and never experienced this issue.

Is there anything you know of that might cause this issue, or any way I can diagnose it? I have no idea whether this is a hardware issue or something else.

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor RaviC
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(877 Views)

I am having the same exact issue. I did not find any solution yet. 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(860 Views)

#1 Does that happen on the wired connection too?

#2 While you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

#3 How are you connected by wireless 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz or both 2.4 and 5 GHz?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(842 Views)

Sounds like a problem witht he cabling from ONT to your VDSL modem.

Do you know if Verizon or apartment complex is responsible for this wiring?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.