Re: FIOS + GAMING = THE LAG IS REAL!!
Technopoptart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am actually a little insulted by one of the post above with thier performance suggestions. I am not a complete idiot and I know better then to try and run a million programs while trying to figure out why something isn't working. I am simply somoene that is newish to online gaming communtity and have some quesions. And while i may not understand specifics of things i do have common sense.

UPDATE (since i am a slacker and haven't checked-in in a while!): It's like clock work, even more curious as people that i game with in our mumble can be in different parts of the east cost. All of us have a mix of ISPs...however those of us all on verzion seem to have issues between 9-11 when our fellow memmbers are sitting there wondering why we are eating Titan's Plumes or just standing there with huge red disconnecting symbols over our heads. I understand congestion...but agian common demonator is FiOS.

@HubrisnxsThere are several post on the Square forums, reddit , and various otehr gaming communties. All of us on the east coast that use FiOS are having one hell of a bad time. As well as getting simalliar support as i posted above. So i know I am not alone!

@ Alewares - I have actually used WTFast  and found that it had in fact made things a million times easier. However, I refuse to have to pay for VPN when it should be something simple to fix. Its a llittle silly to have to pay for a game, the internet to allow me to connect...(sort of!) and then have to pay a third service just to get the internet and game to play nice. 

I would happily post the WinMTR Log...however.. I am going be a complete noob and do that after I google just what it is you are asking me for! (give me some credit! I at least knew what traceroute was and how to do that!! :P)

0 Likes
aod951

Fios internet  works well the first month and after that its all bad  just like how i dont understand  why i get charged $87 monthly for 50/50  and my neightbor which i told him to get fios and got same plan as me and he pays $68month and on website says 64.99  month  and so frustrating. customer support dont know anything ive called soo many times asking for  answers trying get better connection  on my wired ps3 so i can have more bandwith tgoing to my game console and he told me to use the 5.0 ghz  -_-  i lost hope for technical support 

0 Likes
SC202

I have to agree 100%. Ever since I switched from Xfinity to Fios, I have had nothing but lag issues. Not so much in the sense of spotty jitter type lag but lag spikes and input lag every single time I engage in a firefight. The input lag makes my online gaming virtually impossible. I find myself having to prefire in anticipating a possible encounter to get a kill by luck alone. Also, their wireless router has the range of two paper cups and a string. Although, my PS4 is hard wired, my wireless devices have to be within 8 feet and line of sight. I cannot wait to get out of this contract!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes