FIOS INTERNET/TV WITH PIONEER AUDIO RECEIVER FOR VIEWING MEDIA FILES-VIDEO, YOU TUBE
SLIPKIDS
Hello all, I am need of some guidance here. I have fios internet and tv in a brand new home that is wired in every room. I rent the mulitmedia dvr verizon fios box, so that I may be able to send audio and photo files to the plasma pioneer tv 5010-fd on the first floor, from the computer on on the second floor. The Pioneer receiver that i have, has its own media gallery, and I am looking to use this for internet radio as well as other media files, and possibly you tube video files on the tv. How can this be done. I have a wireless router that was give to me for free by verizon, that sits next to my monitor upstairs. How can i retrieve internet radio broadcasts, etc using this fabulous receiver, on the first floor of my home. I feel im not using this receiver to its full potential. In the back of the receiver there is a LAN PORT, that can be used to accomplish, but how. The receiver has its own media gallery as well. The receiver (ELITE PIONEER VSX-94TXH) is connected to 7 paridigm speakers in my family room, and hdmi to the television and the multi media dvr from verizon. What is needed to establish internet audio and video from the computer to the audio/video receiver & television, thats on the first floor?? Is there another router that i need?? Keep in mind my tv is over my fireplace, and all of the mulitmedia gear is to the left corner of the fire place, on another floor. I am a little on the frustated end of this, so please excuse me if im asking to much.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS INTERNET/TV WITH PIONEER AUDIO RECEIVER FOR VIEWING MEDIA FILES-VIDEO, YOU TUBE
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

"The Pioneer receiver that i have, has its own media gallery, and I am looking to use this for internet radio as well as other media files, and possibly you tube video files on the tv. How can this be done."   

"How can i retrieve internet radio broadcasts, etc using this fabulous receiver, on the first floor of my home."

"What is needed to establish internet audio and video from the computer to the audio/video receiver & television, thats on the first floor?? Is there another router that i need?? "     

---->> your instruction manual for the receiver would tell you how to use the resources on the receiver, on your TV.     If you are trying to get internet radio through your receiver, or You Tube over the internet onto your receiver, your receiver has to have the ability to connect to the internet to then get those signals.    Your Home Media DVR has the ability to play a playlist created (recorded) on your PC, which would then come through your receiver, but I have not heard of the ability of home media dvr to play 'live radio' through it.  

IF your receiver does have a way to connect to the internet, your instruction manual would have to be referenced to learn about it (or call the manufacturer or sales place).   The verizon router does have the wireless capability which could be used for internet access, but connecting to it and then getting on the radio would have to be controlled by your receiver, or, perhaps, maybe your receiver has a management program that could be loaded on your PC, but then your PC has to be connected to your receiver. . .   so, probably this is not quite possible with the equipment you have listed

0 Likes