FIOS Install Nightmare
RH93

I've read many stories of people having similiar issues so why not share mine too.

I sign up for internet service over the phone, get an install date 30 days out, but I was told I could call back to see if any more recent appointment times become available. I call back a few days later and they move it up to about 2 weeks out. During that call, I was told Verizon could send me a Jetpack to use in the mean time to access the internet, but they only do 3-5 business days for shipping. We got it 3 days before install, but they sent the wrong SIM card and it wouldn't fit in the Jetpack. I called Verizon and the agent said there was nothing he could do and to take it to a local wireless store to "cut the SIM card so it will fit". My wife went to the local Verizon wireless store and they said they couldn't help or give us a different SIM card. Since we were only 3 days away from our install at that point, we just waited.

Install date: 1-3 PM arrival window. 3PM... 3:30PM... no technician or phone call from you even though my verizon account shows "technician en route". Here starts the countless hours taking to agent after agent, being transferred around with no paper trail to track what anyone is telling me or offering. I'm finally told by someone that local dispatch never got the order because of an "error on the order". The last person I spoke to (someone named Mario) said the order fufillment center was already closed and he would personally handle it the next day and call me. He also said due to the inconvenience, I would not have to pay the $90 install charge and my monthly payment for the promption I signed up for would be $19.99 instead of $39.99. Again, who knows if this was documented so I will most likely have to fight my first bill. Want to guess if he called me back? He did not call me back so I had to call again, get transferred multiple times again to be told that I have to wait 8 days for the next available service install date. I requested that I be sent another Jetpack overnight because of all the problems with my order. I got transferred multiple times again and was told I could get another Jetpack, but the department that could expedite shipping for that to get it to me sooner was already closed. He also told me he would call the next day (today). Yet another agent says they will be calling me the next day and I haven't heard from him.

Where is the accountability in your company? I've quickly learned that I can't trust what anyone tells me. It makes me want to forget about using your service, but unfortunately FIOS is the only thing available at my address. & if I'm being honest, Verizon couldn't care less if a few people here and there are upset with the service. What is $40/month to a company this big? Me not signing up wouldn't affect Verizon at all which is why it seems like having good customer service doesn't matter. Maybe someone there will read this and be helpful. This has been the worst experience I've had with a company, and I hope once my service is finally installed that my internet never goes down because I don't want to have to call your support again.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Install Nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RH9,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes