FIOS Internet DHCP
Frustraed

I have a wired network with a number of computers.  All was working fine until yesterday.  2 of the computers show expired connections on the DHCP Connections page on the router.  I restarted one computer a couple of time and it has acquired a lease and now has a connection.  I had this same problem on a wireless connection and only resolved it by laying a wire along the carpet to the machine.  This is really frustrating!  I have tried repairing the connection at the computer to no avail.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet DHCP
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I would start by verifying the DHCP Server is active and nothing else is giving out IP addresses.

First off on the PC that was able to get an IP address verify what the DHCP server is.

This can be accomplished via start, run, cmd and then type IPCONFIG /all

The DHCP server listed should be 192.168.1.1

Next on the wireless devices make sure they are connecting to the proper wireless network, the one designated in the Verizon Router. 

Next I would check the Verizon Router is configured properly to give out DHCP addressing.

Confirm its set up DHCP server

If everything is set properly I would try to manually set the IP address on the wireless devices and make sure you can connect properly.

A suggestion for setting the IP address would be the following:

IP Address: 192.168.1.25

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

Try these and report back your results.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet DHCP
Jp82191

Open A command prompt by going to Start Bar, then go to run. Then in run type in CMD and hit enter. When you get to the black command prompt type Ipconfig /release. Then it should show your IP and DNS as 0.0.0.0. When you get that Type Ipconfig /renew.

It should now show a new IP address And A new DNS and DCHP addresses.

Please Report Back if this helped you.

0 Likes