FIOS Internet Down - Service Terrible
manpac

I had a power outage this past Friday.  The surge caused my router to die. I called Verizon FIOS Friday night and was told that I could not go to a store to replace it.  Worse, they do not ship routers on weekends so I would not receive a new router until the following Tuesday - at the earliest!  My TV and phone worked fine but I had no internet.

I escalated to a supervisor.  He initially told me the same thing as the representative.  After threatening to leave FIOS because Time Warner would come and install their internet service over the weekend, they agreed to send a technician with a new router over the weekend.

Although the problem got resolved it should not be necessary to escalate to a supervisor and then threaten to leave FIOS in order to get decent service.

I hope someone from Verizon reads this and has a reasonable response.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet Down - Service Terrible
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@manpac wrote:

I had a power outage this past Friday.  The surge caused my router to die. I called Verizon FIOS Friday night and was told that I could not go to a store to replace it.  Worse, they do not ship routers on weekends so I would not receive a new router until the following Tuesday - at the earliest!  My TV and phone worked fine but I had no internet.

I escalated to a supervisor.  He initially told me the same thing as the representative.  After threatening to leave FIOS because Time Warner would come and install their internet service over the weekend, they agreed to send a technician with a new router over the weekend.

Although the problem got resolved it should not be necessary to escalate to a supervisor and then threaten to leave FIOS in order to get decent service.

I hope someone from Verizon reads this and has a reasonable response.

Hello, 

Just some clarifying questions:

1) Did you try calling the local FiOS store directly to ask if they are able to replace your router (and if they have any in stock)?

2) Was your router a regular single-antenna router or the dual-antenna "N" router?  

The FiOS stores normally carry regular routers for replacements, and sell the "N" routers (if they have them in stock).

Verizon's Technical Support Dept. usually replaces the "N" routers if you have the Quantum speed and sends the replacement N router by mail.

If you really needed the internet service working over the weekend, you can ask the store if they are willing to provide you a regular router while you wait for the replacement "N" router to be shipped to you.  

This is done case-by-case and might require escalation to the store supervisor.