Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

FIOS Internet SSID broadcast

Myra
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS Internet SSID broadcast

Message 1 of 4
(6,271 Views)

Tech installed FIOS TV/Internet yesterday and had wireless working to 2nd PC. When I turn off SSID broadcast it no longer works. Why? With former DSL and my Linksys router I had SSID broadcast off & no problems. Now have Actiontec MI424WR BHR router. Tried several "support" links on Verizon website & kept getting dumped to main support page & no live tech chat.

3 REPLIES 3
astro_guy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: FIOS Internet SSID broadcast

Message 2 of 4
(6,200 Views)

What operating system are you using?  I had this problem while testing the Windows 7 release candidate, but never on any other O/S I regularly use.

Myra
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,195 Views)

Using Windows XP SP2.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(6,180 Views)

You do understand that you are not really hidden at all, if you used that feature and it worked?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.