FIOS Internet unreliable - router/PC problem or service to the house ?
DESNJ

Two weeks ago, I had an MI424WR (Rev D) - Actiontec router with a PC , blue ray player and DVR surveillance system on ethernet connection and multiple laptops, ipads, iphones and ipods, Wii and extender on wireless. Everything connected and everything worked.  Then one of the ipads connected to the wireless with no internet service.  Called FIOS service, they tested and rebooted the router and bingo! No ethernet connection and all of the wireless devices connected but without internet.  They told me the router was shot and sent a Rev I.  Set it up, ethernet worked but wireless was patchy.  Sometimes things connected, most devices connected to wireless without internect connectivity even with a strong signal.  Support sent me another (refurb) Rev I, same thing.  Technician comes in this week and installs a new Rev I.  Everything connects and works.  For a few hours.  Now wireless devices drop on and off at random and even the ethernet connection is unreliable.  Haven't dared add the DVR and extender back in case I make things worse.

Question: does this sound like a problem in the house (with router and/or PC) or with the service to the house ?  To go from 100% reliable to 100% unreliable without any apparent changes in PC configuration is very frustrating (no new devices, no system setting changes etc).  Thoughts appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet unreliable - router/PC problem or service to the house ?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I think that you should add just on device at a time just to make sure each device is properly working first. That should rule out any problems that you are experiencing.

0 Likes