Re: FIOS, Ipv6 and actiontec router
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I have another question - is there a limit to the number of wireless devices you can connect via an n-router? I currently have 3 computers, 3 wireless printers a Samsung wireless TV and 2 Samsung wireless DVD players. Everything works well except the Samsung wireless TV. It loses the network connection every 2 or 3 days and I have to power the router up and down to get the signal back.

0 Likes
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, you've been a great help - it does NOT have the circle with 2 arrows on it. I'll log in and check it out after I get back from the movies tonight. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had time to login and check the router rev - it is a Rev A (definitely a candidate for a swap out.)

bigfootmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi gang,

I called Verizon Fios Tech support late afternoon 1/18/2013.  I told them that I had a revision C router and that I was experiencing performance issues.  Today UPS came and delivered a revision F

router.  Revision F does support IPV6.  Yes, I know that could have purchased or nagged to get the new Gigabyte Router but, the only advantage to wireless N is if you have matching Internet speed.

For my home 35Megs/35 Megs is fine.  I will swap the router out over this holiday weekend and ship back the Revision C.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@bigfootmd wrote:

Hi gang,

I called Verizon Fios Tech support late afternoon 1/18/2013.  I told them that I had a revision C router and that I was experiencing performance issues.  Today UPS came and delivered a revision F

router.  Revision F does support IPV6.  Yes, I know that could have purchased or nagged to get the new Gigabyte Router but, the only advantage to wireless N is if you have matching Internet speed.

For my home 35Megs/35 Megs is fine.  I will swap the router out over this holiday weekend and ship back the Revision C.

Two comments:

1) I disagree with your comment on wireless speed. When I got a Rev. I Actiontec, I initially set it to use B/G/N compatibility mode, but I could not even get my full 25/25 speed that way. When I reconfigured it to N performance option, I now typically get 34/24.8 or so wired or wireless, makes no difference. So you might want to check what N options you have on the Rev. F (of course if you have B or G devices you will need to make sure those speeds are available, I just don't remember what speed settings were available on the Rev. F).

2) Each time I have requested a new router, I have been told verbally I will need to return the old router. However, in the box with the new router the shipping document specifically said I do not have to return the old router, despite my possibly be told I would need to. You might want to check and see, there is no reason to go to the trouble to return the old one if Verizon really doesn't want it back, and I don't think they do.

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Gdaymate wrote:

No rev label - just a small label that says:

Model1424WR

F/W 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7

When it has no label take a look at the serial number
CSJA
CSJB
CSJC
CSJD
that fourth letter is your revision 
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a slightly different experience talking to Verizin for nearly 3 hours this morning. First person I talked to said I didn't have a problem with my Rev A router and should upgrade to 50/50 (which I declined to do.) When I pressed the router issue she transferred me to another rep who said they could only replace the existing router with another exactly the same - it was like banging your head against a brick wall trying to convince him this would not solve either of my two problems. Even tried to refer him to this posting but he wasn't interested. When I asked for a supervisor he listened closely to me, understood the problem and offered to replace the Rev A router with G router - for a fee of $120 which would be credited back to my account. He said the only way i could get an N router was to go on-line and order/pay for it.  

So the question is will the G router support the higher speeds (50/50) I'll probably sign up for next week?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

rev G is a business router, and definetely will support the speeds, although it's unlikely you'll get that one, you most likely will get rev I which is a later release router, same specs.   

And yes it will handle those speeds np.  

ALL the routers will handle upto 99 MB wired.

Rev G and the Rev I is the only one that will handle above 99 mbs wired.

Rev F and above will handle 50 mbs plan wireless  (wireless interference excluded)

Rev G and the Rev I will handle above 100mb wireless (wireless interference excluded)

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

@Gdaymate wrote:

No rev label - just a small label that says:

Model1424WR

F/W 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7

When it has no label take a look at the serial number
CSJA
CSJB
CSJC
CSJD
that fourth letter is your revision 

How observant! Wow I never noticed.Smiley LOL

You earn my kudos.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Gdaymate wrote:

I had a slightly different experience talking to Verizin for nearly 3 hours this morning. First person I talked to said I didn't have a problem with my Rev A router and should upgrade to 50/50 (which I declined to do.) When I pressed the router issue she transferred me to another rep who said they could only replace the existing router with another exactly the same - it was like banging your head against a brick wall trying to convince him this would not solve either of my two problems. Even tried to refer him to this posting but he wasn't interested. When I asked for a supervisor he listened closely to me, understood the problem and offered to replace the Rev A router with G router - for a fee of $120 which would be credited back to my account. He said the only way i could get an N router was to go on-line and order/pay for it.  

So the question is will the G router support the higher speeds (50/50) I'll probably sign up for next week?

I find that very hard to believe. Rev. A is the first revision, and is like 5 years old! If you have had that router more than two years they should not even squabble over it. Also if you were given that router recently, I would say they owe you a replacement! Now what they send may not be the latest, but it should be a Gen. 2. Are you sure you were not speaking to sales?

Let me see what I can do. This is just one customer to another, as this is a peer to peer forum.

I posted this to a Verizon area. Look for a response from a Verizon employee. It could be through the contact information provided by you. But most likely you will get a private message here. PM in the envelop at the top right of this page, and it will turn gold and indicate the number of message you have. This is if you are not accustomed to getting PMs. If they were to open a support case for you, you can find that by clicking on your user name, and looking at the center of the page towards the bottom, under My Support Cases.

0 Likes