FIOS, Ipv6 and actiontec router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: FIOS, Ipv6 and actiontec router

Message 21 of 25
(3,506 Views)

Thanks for your support and assistance with this. I haven't heard from anyone at Verizon as yet (but then, it was the weekend.)

I have a phone call scheduled with Verizon sales to discuss upgrading to 50/50 on Wednesday afternoon (a follow-up to the chat session I mentioned earlier) at which time I will bring up the router issue.

Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 22 of 25
(3,481 Views)

Signs of progress (although I don't know how much progress.) Verizon has just called to get details of the problems I'm having but when I started to discuss technical details he said he was from sales/billing and couldn't help me but would send a ticket to technical support and someone else would get back to me.

Stay tuned.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 23 of 25
(3,458 Views)

Success at last . I just got a call from a very nice Verizon tech support guy, explained the problem to him and presto - an N router is on the way at no charge.

Again, I thank you all for the contents of this Community website and for escalating my comments to the appropriate people.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 24 of 25
(3,427 Views)

Hello,

Since Yesterday was a holiday (MLK) I played tech.  Before I took down the old Revision A router

I reset it to factory defaults.  I don't know what Verizon does with returned equipment but I didn't want any of my settings left on the soon to be returned Revision A router. The swap to the Revision F router went fine.  Also, the signal coverage and strength is improved in the farest corner of my home.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 25 of 25
(3,401 Views)

Most of the time they send a packing slip for the Rev A-D that says not to return it. Not sure if that was in the box or not. They will not reuse that router, or send it back out. I have an old rev D on my shelf. Generation 1 routers usually do not need to be returned.

I know at first when they sent replacements for the old revisions, they did want them back, that was years ago. I know I sent my first revision A back to them and received a revision D. When I was sent the gen. 2 rev. E, they said keep the D, or send it to the recycle. I kept it because it could be used for a bridge if I ever needed one. But the rev E, I believe needs to go back. I think the box has been on my floor too long. My rev E has been replaced with a rev I. My first FiOS router with 15/5 was a Netgear with no MOCA or TV. Those days if you had TV, they installed a NIM-100 MOCA bridge. By the time a cable TV franchise was issued in my county a bit later, the Actiontec Rev. A was out.

Netgear

Then Actiontec

Rev. A

Rev. D

Rev. E

Rev. I

So I suppose I am on my 5th router. This one will stay for a number of years I am sure. It supports gigabit, and if I need any faster wireless that will be my issue. Now I am a happy Quantum 75/35 user. Wishing for 150/65 or higher some day.Smiley Wink

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.