Re: FIOS, Ipv6 and actiontec router
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your support and assistance with this. I haven't heard from anyone at Verizon as yet (but then, it was the weekend.)

I have a phone call scheduled with Verizon sales to discuss upgrading to 50/50 on Wednesday afternoon (a follow-up to the chat session I mentioned earlier) at which time I will bring up the router issue.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

Signs of progress (although I don't know how much progress.) Verizon has just called to get details of the problems I'm having but when I started to discuss technical details he said he was from sales/billing and couldn't help me but would send a ticket to technical support and someone else would get back to me.

Stay tuned.

0 Likes
Gdaymate
Enthusiast - Level 3

Success at last . I just got a call from a very nice Verizon tech support guy, explained the problem to him and presto - an N router is on the way at no charge.

Again, I thank you all for the contents of this Community website and for escalating my comments to the appropriate people.

bigfootmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Since Yesterday was a holiday (MLK) I played tech.  Before I took down the old Revision A router

I reset it to factory defaults.  I don't know what Verizon does with returned equipment but I didn't want any of my settings left on the soon to be returned Revision A router. The swap to the Revision F router went fine.  Also, the signal coverage and strength is improved in the farest corner of my home.

prisaz
Legend

Most of the time they send a packing slip for the Rev A-D that says not to return it. Not sure if that was in the box or not. They will not reuse that router, or send it back out. I have an old rev D on my shelf. Generation 1 routers usually do not need to be returned.

I know at first when they sent replacements for the old revisions, they did want them back, that was years ago. I know I sent my first revision A back to them and received a revision D. When I was sent the gen. 2 rev. E, they said keep the D, or send it to the recycle. I kept it because it could be used for a bridge if I ever needed one. But the rev E, I believe needs to go back. I think the box has been on my floor too long. My rev E has been replaced with a rev I. My first FiOS router with 15/5 was a Netgear with no MOCA or TV. Those days if you had TV, they installed a NIM-100 MOCA bridge. By the time a cable TV franchise was issued in my county a bit later, the Actiontec Rev. A was out.

Netgear

Then Actiontec

Rev. A

Rev. D

Rev. E

Rev. I

So I suppose I am on my 5th router. This one will stay for a number of years I am sure. It supports gigabit, and if I need any faster wireless that will be my issue. Now I am a happy Quantum 75/35 user. Wishing for 150/65 or higher some day.Smiley Wink

0 Likes