FIOS Network Extender-Turning off the "extender" function
jjobev

I added a second fios network extender to my basement as I wasn't getting a strong signal from the primary router in our living area. We have another extender that is upstairs and far enough from the primary that it is clear which network you are on.  The extender is working as advertised. However, the problem I'm having is that our Mac laptop doesn't seem to let go of the basement signal when it should be using the living room signal and this results in my wife having slow internet on her computer.  The signal from extender in the basement only needs to be used when in that area, which isn't that frequent. The extender allowed me to hardwire some devices as well via ethernet.  

I thought an easy solution would be to set up the basement extender as its own network and not as an extension of the primary network.  If we are in the basement we can just switch the basement wifi network if necessary. I just can't figure out how to make this change so that it is its own SSID and isn't trying to extend.   I can log into the settings for my primary router, but can't figure out how to log into the extender. I have the Actiontech model that Verizon is currently selling.   I've searched the forums and see where this solution is talked about but can't find where it says how to actually do it. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Network Extender-Turning off the "extender" function
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope this gets to your answer.

https://www.actiontec.com/products/home-networking/wcb3000n/

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know *and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

* Details of YOUR solution would be appreciated

0 Likes