FIOS ONT Backup Battery
czvet

FYI... I just replaced the backup battery for my FIOS ONT. The old battery was "Top Charge" dated 02/26/2010, so it lasted almost ten years. I purchased a replacement from Amazon under $25 with free shipping which arrived in five days which included a holiday and a weekend. I had tried disconnecting the old battery and performing a cancel alarm reset. This canceled the beep every minute alarm however after about 24 hours a beep started to occur every 15 minutes. I repeated the reset twice in 48 hours but continued to have the every 15 minute alarm return after 24 hours. Since the old battery lasted so long and the replacement was relatively cheap and easy to replace I decided to avoid any future hassle. The new battery works perfect. Well worth doing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS ONT Backup Battery
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are many different types of battery backups out there. Some will give a low battery alarm and other will give a missing battery alarm. Most give both alarms. 

Just remember if Verizon come out for any reason there will replace you BBU and put in a more reliable power adapter. 

If you call Verizon and tell them you don't want the beeping anymore they will come replace the BBU for free. Then you don't have to worry about replacing the battery or beeping anymore. 

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS ONT Backup Battery
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are many different types of battery backups out there. Some will give a low battery alarm and other will give a missing battery alarm. Most give both alarms. 

Just remember if Verizon come out for any reason there will replace you BBU and put in a more reliable power adapter. 

If you call Verizon and tell them you don't want the beeping anymore they will come replace the BBU for free. Then you don't have to worry about replacing the battery or beeping anymore.