Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I'm trying to boost my Internet speed via WiFi in prep for the upcoming school year. Our FIOS package is 100/100, but I'm getting about 15/15. The router is two rooms away behind a door, but we have an extender installed. I spoke to Verizon and they suggested I run an ethernet cable from the FIOS ONT to the router and then they would make the network changes once I install the cable. I have the older Actiontec router. After looking at some of the posts on this forum, I may have an old ONT, so I'm curious what type of speed I can get from it if I install the ethernet cable. If it's too old, does anyone have an idea of the Verizon service charge to get a new ONT? What type of ethernet cable should I purchase, cat6? Below are pictures of the ONT. Does the ethernet cable go in the port below the telephone jacks or is it behind the closed panel on the right? Thank You!
While users can see the picture, it would help to know the brand and model of it.
In the meantime as waiting for reply, tries to answer as many questions as possible that I know the answer to.
#! You are right, the ethernet goes below the the telephone jack.
#2 I am sure at least Cat5e but Cat6 will work as it will future proof your self.
#3 As to what speeds, while no guarantees I point you to Why your Wi-Fi is slow in the hopes that it will help answer that question. Including how to increase the wireless speed.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.