FIOS Printing Problems
ADLOWE48

I recently had FIOS installed .. the triple play .. and everything worked except printing on my network.  I have 2 desktops, 2 laptops and 2 HP printers.  None of my desktops or laptops will print now.  My router is a MI424WR 1 HP L7680 printer is connected using an ethernet CAT5 cable.

I've called Verizon supporrt numerous times and they were not able to help .. pushing the issue off as a HP printer problem or that I should call "Premier Support".

When I print I get a print failed response.  I've tested the FIOS network and can see all devices; I've tested using HPs diagnostics successfully; I've enabled and disabled my McAfee and Microsoft Firewalls but have the same printing issue; I've added various TCP and UDP ports like 427, 9220 and 161 which were recommended .. but at the end of the day I still can not print using the Verizon network.

To test my network and printers I disconnected the ethernet cable from the Verizon router and set up a Cisco Linksys router, switched my desktops and laptops to use Linksys and was able to print to both printers, so I know that works.

What is prohibiting me from printing using the Verizon router?  Help!  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Printing Problems
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try disabling the IGMP proxy found in the ActionTec. Some people have found that with autodiscovery network services this helps with fixing them. You can find the option for this under http://192.168.1.1/ in Advanced > IGMP (or Multicast).

Are you setting up the printer wirelessly by any chance? I've seen some odd issues with communication to Wireless printers with specific APs. If possible, get the IP address of the Printer and try pinging it on the network to see if you can at least reach it using the IP it says (or the router says) it has.

0 Likes