FIOS Quantum Router Not Sending Syslogs to Remote Server
kzjbry11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have a FIOS Quantum router and I want to send syslog messages to an external syslog server. I configured the router with the correct IP address (192.168.3.180) in the Advanced Settings > Configuration Settings > System Settings > Enable Logging screen. I can ping the IP address from the router, and UDP port 514 is open on my remote server. I also tried TCP port 524. When I put a tcpdump on port 514, I get no data from my router's IP address.

Please let me know what else needs to be done.

Very Respectfully,

Steve

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Quantum Router Not Sending Syslogs to Remote Server
henry0517

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am trying the same thing as my service keeps going up and down all day and even after switching routers, verizon cant figure out problem.

0 Likes
kha1

I just went through this and was able to get logs into splunk.  Hopefully you were able to figure out your issue. I want to thank you for providing the click path to get to the log forwarding page in the fios router.

0 Likes
jrgarrigues
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there @kha - can you share how you set up your Quantum Router to send logs to Splunk? Mine does not allow me to specify a port, it only lets me set the IP address that I want to send logs to. I'm assuming that it defaults to port 514, but I can't create a UDP 514 in Splunk (it says that port is in use, not by me, again I'm assuming that Splunk uses 514 for something...). 

imageFIOS Gateway setup screen

I'd just like to get logs out of my FIOS Gateway and into Splunk with all my other network logs.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is my first time learning that G1100 actually supports Syslog. I hope it will soon support SNMP.

I get it to work with Kiwi Syslog in no time. Maybe Splunk already listens to UDP 514. That port is the typical port for Syslog.

0 Likes