FIOS Router Replacement - Is it leased (no charge for replacement)?
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Hi all,

All's working good, no problems but I was curious about the procedure for replacing a defective Router Unit.  I have the Westell Model A90-9100M15-10 (91OOEM) model Coax/Ethernet Router unit.

Is there an additional fee for obtaining a replacement?  Are these Routers leased, ie, cost included in my monthly Verizon FIOS bill?

If I needed to order a replacement Router, is the shipping turnaround time usually 1 day?

Can these Routers be obtained at a local Verizon outlet store?  I'm located near one of those stores.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Router Replacement - Is it leased (no charge for replacement)?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

The router is not leased.  There is no monthly charge for it.

Over the years, VZ's policy regard the router has changed several times, so it depends on when you got the router.

1)  Originally VZ gave away the router.

2)  Then VZ stated charging for the router, but issuing a credit for the amount of the charge resulting in a net cost of $0.

3)  Now VZ says they own the router.

In any case, VZ will replace a faulty router at no charge.  They may or may not want the old router back depending on it's age.

Shipping turnaround on a replacement router is very fast.  Whether you get it in one day depends on when you order it.

Yes, you should be able to obtain a replacement router at a VZ store.

View solution in original post

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Over the years, VZ's policy regard the router has changed several times, so it depends on when you got the router.

2)  Then VZ stated charging for the router, but issuing a credit for the amount of the charge resulting in a net cost of $0.

In any case, VZ will replace a faulty router at no charge.  They may or may not want the old router back depending on it's age.

Shipping turnaround on a replacement router is very fast.  Whether you get it in one day depends on when you order it.

Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

@Anti-Phish wrote:

Thanks for the info and

0 Likes