FIOS STB Port Forwarding

FIOS STB Port Forwarding

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS STB Port Forwarding

Message 1 of 4
(603 Views)

My set top box is port forwarding using TCP port 35000. I have a security camera NVR on my home network that needs port 35000. The FIOS Quantum Gateway router won't let me set a port forwarding rule for my NVR using port 35000 since it's already in use. How can I get the FIOS set top box to use a different TCP port so I can use TCP 35000 for my NVR?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI

Re: FIOS STB Port Forwarding

Message 2 of 4
(559 Views)

I doubt this can be changed.  Verizon doesn't expose these settings for their boxes.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(514 Views)

It's been suggested that if I disconnect the COAX (and all the STBs) reset the Quantum Gateway Router (to clear all the port forwarding) then add a port forwarding rulle for port 35000 for my NVR. When I then reconnect the COAX and the STBs, they will then start at port 35001 since 35000 is already being used. Anyone ever try this? Seems like it could work, but I don't want to try it if it screws up TV service.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(479 Views)

What is the brand and model of the security camera NVR on your home network that needs port 35000?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.