FIOS Speed Test & Optimizer disagree
wingman

FIOS Speed Tester agrees with my FIOS account on speed but says "my PC needs to be Optimized"

FIOS Speed Optimizer runs but says "my PC is already Optimized"

I let the Optimizer reset my settings to Microsoft settings, rebooted and ran FIOS Speed Test and Optimizer with same results.

Tester says "optimize my PC"

Optimizer says "PC is already Optimized"

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Speed Test & Optimizer disagree
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

That's normal.  LOL Smiley Sad

And it's been that way forever.  It's the fault of Verizon's software, not your system. 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Arthurlw wrote:

That's normal.  LOL Smiley Sad

And it's been that way forever.  It's the fault of Verizon's software, not your system. 

Why can't they get it fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

@dslr595148 wrote:

Why can't they get it fixed?

Thanks

That's like me asking tech support why I can't log in to my account any more because I changed my speed package or some other innocuous change to my service, and it required a tech to walk me through the creation of a brand-new user name.  But instead of doing like they do (telling me "it must have something to do with FCC regulations over phone companies or something") I'll just say that there is some major incompetence behind the scenes there.

The Vz Agent is another case in point.  I wanted to know how to program the old grey remote, but no matter which remote you clicked on it gave you the instructions for the new one.  It may not do it any more (not sure) but I wrote in to call their attention to the defect, so somebody may have picked up on the fubar.

Then there is the case of the STBs that can't tell time and don't change the channel or start recording before the program has already begun... another of my pet peeves.