FIOS TV One box with mesh network
TheVillageIdiot1

I just installed FIOS with new FIOS TV One Box.  I was told that due to the boxes I couldn't use the ORBI system.  Is there another mesh network that would work as well.  I have several spots of weak wifi due to the distance from the router.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV One box with mesh network
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That’s correct there is no option for wireless connection with the new mini box unless you use the Wifi from the FiOS router. There is a hidden SSID and password that it connects to. 

You can still use the Orbi as long as you hardwire all the mini boxes. Just login to your FiOS router and turn off the wireless and set up you Orbis in AP mode. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That’s correct there is no option for wireless connection with the new mini box unless you use the Wifi from the FiOS router. There is a hidden SSID and password that it connects to. 

You can still use the Orbi as long as you hardwire all the mini boxes. Just login to your FiOS router and turn off the wireless and set up you Orbis in AP mode. 

saa013

Hi Edg1

just one question in the that setup you mentioned (turn off wireless from Fios router and keep it ON for Orbi or any other mesh system) while the ONE TV Box is hardwired. would i be able to use the DVR features (like recording up coming episodes or shows or any other DVR feature?? please your help

thanks

0 Likes