FIOS Upgrade Pricing Issue
neoexodus

I am hoping that someone out there knows how to get Verizon to honor the solicitation that I received following Christmas.  It is titled "Tips every FiOS Internet user should know" and offers to upgrade my existing Verizon FIOS to the 75/35 mbps tier for free in the first month, and $10 for the following months

Great, I thought, I've been waiting for a decent offer (50/25 is not an upgrade to me, I have a 35mbps upload and I don't intend to decrease it.  This will be coming up again very shortly).  I check the bottom of the email for fine print:

*FiOS speed comparison based on 75/35 Mbps vs. 50/25 Mbps.

Online offer for existing Verizon FiOS Internet residential customers upgrading to FiOS 75/35 Mbps Internet. $10 discount applied via bill credit for first month; beginning month 2 standard rates apply. Speed upgrade only available to FiOS Internet customers who currently have less than 75/35 Mbps speed. Speed upgrade not available in all areas. Offer expires 3/15/14.

Well okay, that's me, we should be good to go.  I click through the link, and get to a landing page that says the same thing: 1 month free speed upgrade, then only $10 more a month.  I look around to see what the fine print says here as well:

Limited–time online offer for existing Verizon FiOS Internet residential customers upgrading to FiOS 75/35 Mbps Internet. $10 discount applied via bill credit for first month; beginning month 2, standard rates apply. Speed upgrade only available to FiOS Internet customers who currently have less than 75/35 Mbps speed. Speed upgrade not available in all areas.

Cool, I'm still good! Let's do it, I click through those links, and...

wait, what?  50/25? I don't want 50/25, I want 75/35! Why solicit me with 75/35 only to switch it to 50/25 when I attempt to accept the offer?  That's the definition of a bait and switch, an Unfair and Deceptive Act or Practice. 

I call in, and the person I speak to tells me that she can't do anything as it's an online offer, so she transfers me to an online agent; they don't deal with things like this, and she wants to know if I am having trouble changing my password.  Oh for the love of god, my password is fine, I just need to accept the offer.  Sorry sir, but I can't really do that, let me send you back to sales.  Got just about the same thing with the Chat agents that I talked to. 

I really don't get the difficulty here, you are soliciting my business, with clear terms, and now are unable to honor that commitment?  I don't want to downgrade to 50/25 (and then getting salt in the wound by having to pay for the downgrade is over the top), I want to upgrade, as promised in your solicitation.  This isn't rocket science, just bump up my service for the $10 more per month that was promised, and I'll go back to not calling and bothering you, and continuing to pay my bill when you want my money.  Deal?

Edit for clarity: The 75/35 option is available, but it requires an additional $20 per month, as opposed to the $10 per month that it ws advertised as.  Just wanted to be clear.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Upgrade Pricing Issue
slazhole1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently went through something similar. I wanted to upgrade to the 50/25 for only $10 a month. When I went online, I didn't see the upgrade to 50/25 upgrade for $10, so I clicked on the 75/35 to see what would happen. When I was going through the check out, it "suddenly" showed the 50/25 upgrade. When I placed the order, I received the order number; however, the order number was reflecting a 75/35 upgrade. I waited the next day to test the internet to see what I actually got. It turns out I got the 75/35. When I saw my estimated bill, it was showing $20 more. I called VZ, spoke to a rep, and was told that there has been ongoing issues with online pricess the past two weeks. I was told that on VZ's end, I got the 75/35 for only $10 more. I shall wait and see what my next bill reflects.

0 Likes