FIOS Upload Speed Question
cgcmgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me out with an issue I'm having.

I just got FIOS installed with the 75 down / 35 up internet option.  I Have created 2 separate networks from the one Verizon internet connection.  Basically I have 2 wireless routers (D-Link and Netgear) connected to the FIOS router (WAN port of routers to LAN ports on FIOS router).  The networks work correctly.

When I first tried to do a speed test (Speedtest.net and Verizon's speed test) I was getting around 83 up and 40 down on my network, let's call it network "A."  Lately, I have been getting the same 83 down, but only 5 up.  I have tried it at different times of the day, tried different browsers, rebooted the PC and rebooted the router.  Meanwhile, the other network (let's call it network "B") is still achieving the 83 down / 40 up so I'm told.  That network is my brother's and I would have to actually see him do a speedtest to verify.  The PC I'm testing it with is wired to my D-Link router, it is not connecting wirelessly.  It is running Windows 8 64-bit.

Does anyone have an ideas as to why it originally did 40 up, but now only does 5?

I plan on taking my laptop and making a wired connection to my D-Link router (network "A") and then run the speedtest on the laptop.  Then I'll do the same on network "B" and finally directly to the FIOs router.  I'll see if I get different upload speeds.

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Upload Speed Question
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some newer routers come with "Gaming Mode" or what is otherwise know as automatic quality of service (QoS). On the problematic router, make sure QoS and other game boosting settings are disabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some newer routers come with "Gaming Mode" or what is otherwise know as automatic quality of service (QoS). On the problematic router, make sure QoS and other game boosting settings are disabled.

0 Likes
cgcmgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll give that a shot, thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Let us know how things work out!

cgcmgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear that. Anytime!

0 Likes