Switch Account

FIOS- Verizon Security Suite

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS- Verizon Security Suite

Message 1 of 5
(857 Views)

I signed up for the security suite on-line but when I completed the order process the user name that was displayed was not mine. Has anyone else had this happen? Does Verizon assign a default user name? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FIOS- Verizon Security Suite

Message 2 of 5
(847 Views)

I applied for this service also, but Verizon said it was all taken care of on their end...I thought I was protected for the last 4 years. Verizon failed to send me the e-mail to activate this program. Now my computer has over 130 virsuses and Verizon says there is nothing they caqn do. They owe me over $400 in fees that I paid and they need to defrag my computer.

I am in the process of suing them for this very poor service.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(827 Views)

@lchat wrote:

I signed up for the security suite on-line but when I completed the order process the user name that was displayed was not mine. Has anyone else had this happen? Does Verizon assign a default user name? 

Yes. On account creation, Verizon creates a "vzid" for every account. this will start with vze- or res- followed by a string of numbers and/or letters.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(782 Views)

A more general question.

I just had FIOS installed and can't determine if the Verizon McAfee suite is as good, better or worse than my prior Norton. Any opinion? Thanks.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(762 Views)

Stick with Norton if you're already paying for it. The McAfee suite isn't really the greatest thing...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.