FIOS- Verizon Security Suite
lchat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for the security suite on-line but when I completed the order process the user name that was displayed was not mine. Has anyone else had this happen? Does Verizon assign a default user name? 

Re: FIOS- Verizon Security Suite
sucky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I applied for this service also, but Verizon said it was all taken care of on their end...I thought I was protected for the last 4 years. Verizon failed to send me the e-mail to activate this program. Now my computer has over 130 virsuses and Verizon says there is nothing they caqn do. They owe me over $400 in fees that I paid and they need to defrag my computer.

I am in the process of suing them for this very poor service.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@lchat wrote:

I signed up for the security suite on-line but when I completed the order process the user name that was displayed was not mine. Has anyone else had this happen? Does Verizon assign a default user name? 

Yes. On account creation, Verizon creates a "vzid" for every account. this will start with vze- or res- followed by a string of numbers and/or letters.

0 Likes
nbrsguy

A more general question.

I just had FIOS installed and can't determine if the Verizon McAfee suite is as good, better or worse than my prior Norton. Any opinion? Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stick with Norton if you're already paying for it. The McAfee suite isn't really the greatest thing...

0 Likes