FIOS Wireless Connection Problems with Verizon Samsung i760 phone
BfloDoubleD

I recently upgraded to FIOS from DSL and as a result I can no longer access the wifi connection on my cell phone to access the internet and email.

The Samsung i760 cell phone from Verizon connects to the router using the wifi connecion and network key but will  not pull up my email or internet web pages when connected.  It gets an error that the page can't be found. This worked fine using DSL but since switching to FIOS, it has stopped working.  I can still connect to the internet from other wifi connections, work, etc, but not my home FIOS.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  It seems to be me that the router set-up needs to be adjusted.  I just do not know what to adjust.  There is not much to change from the cell phone side and it works on other wifi connections and worked previously on DSL.  Also, I was able to access the wireless connections with other devices (Nintendo Wii and laptop computer).

Please help.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Wireless Connection Problems with Verizon Samsung i760 phone
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi BfloDoubleD...Constance here. Did you check to see if the SSID from the router appears in the available network on your phone? The WEP Key and the SSID appear on the bottom of our router. I found the Samsung site to be very helpful in checking if a network is available and/or connected.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Wireless Connection Problems with Verizon Samsung i760 phone
uncat

I have this exact issue. Yes, the FiOS wifi does show up in available connections. It claims to be connected after I type in the WEP, but I always get "page cannot be located" when trying to use Internet services.

0 Likes