FIOS & Vonage
owens_d61

Hi,

I am thinking about making the switch to FIOS from TWC (I received a great triple play offer in the mail), but my only real concern is I currently use Vonage for my phone service and I am really happy with them. If I switch to FIOS from TWC, are there any issues with the two? I have read conflicting information online that there are problems using Vonage with FIOS as the ISP.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS & Vonage
bfrethy

I have Verizon Fios and Vonage.  I've had them both for the past 6 years.  I have had no conflict with Fios as the ISP.  The only additional equipment I have is the Vonage router.  

However, I would reconsider your move to Verizon.

0 Likes
Ridbidge
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK so for the other end of the spectrum, I've had FiOS and Vonage for years and had no problems whatsoever.  IMHO and experience, FiOS has been FANTASTIC! I've always had an excellent experience with the service.  Now over the years I have upgraded a few times and downgraded all the way down to $10 basic local only using the TV Tuner up to what I have had the longest, which is Ultimate HD.  I had been on the multi-room DVR since it became available and just yesterday installed my new boxes that came when upgrading to the new Quantum Premium TV service.  I have the 150/50 internet now since the beginning of May...  NOW, during each of those upgrades and downgrades there was some sort of SNAFU and for some reason something was wrong and not working for a day or a weekend until Monday cuz it's a holiday kind of thing.  BUT, once the service was up and running then it worked flawlessly without fail EVER. I freaking LOVE FiOS.  I manage 238 apartments and we have Comcast, RCN, an Verizon FiOS service available to our residents.  I both experience myself and see and hear from the experiences with each company from our tenants, and the feeling is mutual.  I have been here 10 years and had Comcast for half and FiOS for half.

OH LOL... I just realized I don't have Vonage anymore.... it's OOMA now tee hee.  Well you get the dirft...

0 Likes
owens_d61

bfrethy - why should I reconsider, any specific examples?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course you can keep Vonage.  However bundling FIOS Digital Voice (FDV) will probably result in lower prices over all for FIOS.

0 Likes