FIOS and using Frontpage.
EddieT1

I design websites using Frontpage, but since switching to FIOS a few weeks ago, I am unable to publish my sites using HTTP with Frontpage to any of my servers. I had no problem with my old DSL account, but now I just get an error stating the web server cannot be found or does not have Frontpage extensions installed (which I know is not true).

Frontpage communicates over port 80, and I've tried port forwarding as well as several other things to no luck.

I've tried to check if port 80 is blocked, to discover it is open if I turn on Remote Administration in the router, but still no ability to use Frontpage. I've even set the firewall to minimum and set DMZ to the computer I use for web work.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

ANY ideas please?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS and using Frontpage.
merk3
Enthusiast - Level 3
I believe fpe communicates over an additional port besides 80 although I can't remember what the port is off the top of my head. Google fpe ports and you should find it. Although if you really did set your computer in the dmz then ports shouldn't be an issue. But you shouldn't have to do anything with remote administration in order to check port 80

I'd also suggest dumping front page unless you are just doing these did as a hobby. The html front page generates is pretty outdated by today's standards. You could try using expression web which is a step up from front page.
0 Likes