FIOS box beeps !!!!!
Cindy5049

How can I stop the "beeping" sound coming from the FIOS box ??????  It "beeps" every 1/2 hour or so.     There is a RED Reset button that is lite.  

HELP !!!

from

Cindy - beep - beep - beep !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS box beeps !!!!!
MarcF1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the tip about the 'false negative'.  I did as you suggested (unplugged ONT) and disconnected battery.  Waited 2 minutes, plugged ONT back in and waited until "replace battery" light appeared.  Reconnected existing battery and no more beeps! The "replace battery" warning was just a glitch.  So EVERYONE -- before you invest in a new a  battery for your ONT, do yourself a favor and try this simple first step, to confirm that the battery needs to be replaced, or not!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Check this website @ www.verizon.com/battery

It states 

The Verizon Optical Network Terminal (ONT) Battery Backup Unit (BBU) provides backup power for your FiOS voice services, including Emergency-911 for up to 8 hours in the event of a commercial power failure. Verizon considers the battery in your BBU as a power source that you own. You are responsible for maintaining the battery in the BBU. Much like you would need to replace the batteries in a portable radio from time to time, periodically the BBU battery needs to be replaced.

Verizon provides free replacement batteries only if:Otherwise, you will need to purchase a replacement battery at verizon.com/fiosaccessories or by calling 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)

FiOS services will continue to work as long as the ONT remains plugged in and continues to receive electrical power. Failure to replace your battery, however, may cause damage to the Verizon network equipment through leakage.

If you need to purchase your own, I have seen them as little as 12-20 dollars @ amazon.com 

You would search for a 12v 7.2-8.0 ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery  (F2 connector)

Sometimes it's a false Negative though. 

So try this as well. Disconnect the AC Wire that plugs into your electrical outlet. 

Disconnect the Battery

Wait for about 2 minutes

Reconnect the AC Wire that plugs into your electrical outlet

Wait for the red replace battery light to come on, and then put your battery back in.

If the beeping stops and everything is ok, then it was just a hiccup or a glitch.  If it doesn't go away, then you need to replace the battery with one of the above mentioned ways. 

0 Likes
ChasHark41

I have had this condition 4 times.  The first time I just purchased a new battery.  The next time I went in, the service rep tested the battery and told me it was OK and that the problem was the FIOS unit.  This has happened 3 times.  The battery company who supplies lots of these batteries indicated that there is an updated version of the FIOS unit and I should request my existing unit to be replaced.  Can you confirm this?

0 Likes
RichGuag

Thank-you for the useful info about unplugging and replugging back in.  It worked.  Really appreciate it.

0 Likes
MarcF1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the tip about the 'false negative'.  I did as you suggested (unplugged ONT) and disconnected battery.  Waited 2 minutes, plugged ONT back in and waited until "replace battery" light appeared.  Reconnected existing battery and no more beeps! The "replace battery" warning was just a glitch.  So EVERYONE -- before you invest in a new a  battery for your ONT, do yourself a favor and try this simple first step, to confirm that the battery needs to be replaced, or not!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes