FIOS customer service/sales - FRUSTRATING
waynefam2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just started a new contract with FIOS - we downgraded from Triple Play to internet-only (we're using streaming devices, etc). I must have spoken to at least a half dozen reps last week trying to negotiate the best deal for service, and after deflecting their repeated attempts to upsell me, I finally settled on 75/75 for $59.99/month. I wasn't thrilled with it, but I couldn't stand to make anymore calls, and I didn't want to pay $150 for the installation that would be required for faster speeds (and I told several reps this very thing). Additionally I was getting different quotes depending on the rep I spoke to, and it got really tiresome.

Well, today a friend tells me that in doing the same thing today he was offered 100/100 for $49.99/month PLUS free installation AND a free Gateway router. I was told this was not possible and yet, my friend who has had FIOS service for the same number of years as us somehow managed it on the first try. Ah, the crapshoot that is getting a FIOS rep on the phone!

It's so very tempting to just pay the ETF so early in our contract just so I don't have to give FIOS any more of my money...

Re: FIOS customer service/sales - FRUSTRATING
jonjones1
Legend

There is no rhyme or reason to Fios pricing. In certain parts of the country where there is real competition you can get a good deal. New customers getting gigabyte internet are paying $69.99 a month where if you are an existing customer the base price is around $150 because no competition.

you could cancel service for 30 days and re sign up for the new customer pricing or have a wife or family member sign up for service for the lower pricing.

you must remember like cable Verizon will get as much out of you as they can. The days of equil pricing are over. Verizon could make as much money via having across the board day $80 for everyone. But it is greedy in that it needs to make as much as they can for as long as they can, until the customer leaves. But hey corporate mentality is crazy. 

0 Likes
waynefam2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand all this, I just find it shameful.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, it is capitalism.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@waynefam2018 wrote:

I understand all this, I just find it shameful.

I couldn’t say it any better than the previous reply. Feeling shame is one thing.

walking with your wallet is a better way. 

0 Likes
waynefam2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, I don't feel ashamed -- on the contrary, I'm infuriated. I find FIOS's policies and inconsistency shameful. I may very well walk -- unfortunately, as in many parts of the country, I have only one other option -- Comcast -- and they function the same way. I guess they all have us where they want us...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@waynefam2018 wrote:

Oh, I don't feel ashamed -- on the contrary, I'm infuriated. I find FIOS's policies and inconsistency shameful. I may very well walk -- unfortunately, as in many parts of the country, I have only one other option -- Comcast -- and they function the same way. I guess they all have us where they want us...

It is a point that even with so called competition it is a wink and nod as to further each other’s coffers. 

It is how business works.

But what choices are left? 

0 Likes