FIOS download speed at 30MB, not 50MB
dkrasnick1

I just received a noticed that my FIOS internet access had been upgraded to "ultrafast Fios 50/50 Mbps internet at no extra charge" (Quantum, that is). I looked at my account settings and that change was present. When I ran the Verizon speed test my download speeds maxed out at 30 Mbps and my upload speeds were around 65 Mbps. I tested with a wired connection to my router. No other (significant) activity was going on at the time. I got the same results from multiple speed test sites and with another computer. I downloaded and ran Verizon's speed optimizer (on my Windows 7 computer) but that had no effect.  Since the download speed is topping out right at 30 Mbps it looks like it's a limit imposed by Verizon, rather than something else. How do I get the full 50 Mbps download?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS download speed at 30MB, not 50MB
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take your results of speedtest.Verizon.net and contact support.

They should be able to investigate.

Either 1800verizon or twitter @verizonsupport

jonjones1
Legend

@dkrasnick wrote:

I just received a noticed that my FIOS internet access had been upgraded to "ultrafast Fios 50/50 Mbps internet at no extra charge" (Quantum, that is). I looked at my account settings and that change was present. When I ran the Verizon speed test my download speeds maxed out at 30 Mbps and my upload speeds were around 65 Mbps. I tested with a wired connection to my router. No other (significant) activity was going on at the time. I got the same results from multiple speed test sites and with another computer. I downloaded and ran Verizon's speed optimizer (on my Windows 7 computer) but that had no effect.  Since the download speed is topping out right at 30 Mbps it looks like it's a limit imposed by Verizon, rather than something else. How do I get the full 50 Mbps download?

Might be simple provisioning issue. Like the other poster said call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes a simple router reset/refresh will achieve the speed you should have.

sox1918
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same issue. Free upgrade but only the upload speed has changed.

0 Likes