FIOS early install
Purplechelles
I received my router today. It said in my email that my bill start date was April 14th, or the day I installed and activated my service. I hooked up my router, and had no internet. I activate it online with my phone. Still no service. So I call Verizon. First, the representative couldn't figure out why my order number was formatted how it was.
After being on hold for awhile, I'm transferred to tech support. They say it's because it's not my start date yet. I reference the email saying that I can hook it up immediately. They put me on hold to try to get account services to push it through early. Why would account services need to do that if I'm supposed to be able to do that myself?
Ends up the actual problem is with my coaxle, and will be solved when the official activation date rolls around. I'm not sure why I had to spend an hour on hold to learn that, I'd think seeing that the coaxle isn't working would be something tech support could see easily. I'm also not sure why the email sent when the router is mailed says you can hook it up immediately, but the service reps are unaware of this fact. I'm also not sure how the coaxle will fix itself on the official start date. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until Thursday just to have to call again to get a tech out. I'm rather disappointed, I'd wanted to hook up internet today.
0 Likes
Re: FIOS early install
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an ONT in your house, and is it powered up? What lights do you see if you open the Customer Access door?

Try connecting your FiOS router temporarily directly to the ONT. If you're using Coaxial cabling, make sure the connection between the ONT, the splitter, and wherever you wish to put the router is at least connected tightly. 

Re: FIOS early install
GFVALVO
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welcome to FIOS (eventually). I think you will find that Verizon’s product is very good, but their customer service and coordination with back-office processes is abysmal.