FIOS for an apartment building
nyc615
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is ridiculous that Verizon in Westchester County has not come up with another way to get someone in an apartment building connected to Fios without having to go thru all of the apartments beneath them.

I am on the 4th floor and the 2 ppl beneath me refuse to let the crew in to run the wires and I am left with horrible TWC as a result. Each time I call customer service they are absolutely useless!  After the 5x speaking to someone I finally asked to speak with a manager or someone in engineering and i was finally given a phone # directly to engineering.  i thought GREAT! i can finally get some answers... the # i was given was to engineering in CALIFORNIA! luckily this guy was actually helpful and explained a few things to me:

- the reason i get the run around is b/c i'm not actually reaching anyone in my area (obviously!) b.c Verizon contracts ppl not in their company to answer questions and they are getting A LOT of complaints

- what hey do in California when they have a similar situation is  run a wire on the outside of the building and into the apt directly but this quick fix is determined by each location and not everyone is willing to do this.

As a result I am stuck using TWC for TV and Verizon highspeed for internet....

I cannot believe how terrible its been working with Verizon.. even though TWC service is terrible at least their customer service doesnt give you the run around and is actually knowledgeable when providing answers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS for an apartment building
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello nyc61,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

AnnieS

0 Likes
Re: FIOS for an apartment building
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

nyc615

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes