FIOS has been down for multiple days, ETA for resolution just keeps moving...
Darrell9

Hi all:

I'd like to start by stating that overall I've been very happy with the reliability of my FIOS service for the last 2+ years.

However I lost connectivity on Thursday (2/14) due to a tree taking down the lines across the street.  Understandable issue, as I saw it happen and the power lines were fully pulled down.

The energy company restored their lines the same day.

Verizon's ETA for FIOS restoration was given as 4PM that night initially.

It was then moved to 12PM the next day (Friday), then 7PM that night, then noon Saturday, then 7PM that night, then noon today (Sunday), and now 8AM Monday.

Subesequent calls into support only verify the times given at any time online, and nothing more to report.

As a work-from-home employee with specific bandwidth requirements, I am assuming I will not be able to do so tomorrow, and I've already missed Friday as well.

My request is that I please recieve an _accurate_ ETA to resolution, as calling in has just been a waste of time.  The call center is polite and professional, but cannot do anything to help speed this along.

Trying to speak to a representative that could escalate a ticket to the next level has been ineffective, so I am reaching out here in the public forum for assistance as a result.

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS has been down for multiple days, ETA for resolution just keeps moving...
Darrell9

As expected, the ETA now has just been moved again to 12AM Tuesday.

Can I please get some support, and an update of any progress?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS has been down for multiple days, ETA for resolution just keeps moving...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Darrell9,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes