FIOS in Manhattan - Slow unreliable Gigabit speed
wamra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having problems with FIOS speed for a while now, and everytime Verizon send a technicians, either they switch the modem or tell me that there are no issues with the lines. The speed goes up while they are here, and a day after they leave it goes back down. 

In general their staff doesn't seem to be very interested in solving the problem, or they just don't know what to do about it. If it's impossible to fix the wiring in the building, at least I wish they'd admit it so that I drop my service or find another provider. The Gigabit service is so expensive and I can't get more than 350-500 on a direct wired connection.

The pictures below are from a direct wired connection, Modem - Macbook Pro, no router, no 3rd party. 

Curious, is anyone else experiencing these issues/shenanigans with FIOS in NYC ?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS in Manhattan - Slow unreliable Gigabit speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this at all hours of the day and night?

wamra
Enthusiast - Level 1

it is inconsistent I just did it now  

DownloadUpload
369.54Mbps 365.07Mbps
0 Likes
wamra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an appointment with the tech tomorrow, wish me luck!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Have them check the provisioning for your service. Additionally it could be a bad router or in some cases a bad ONT. If the service person is good they will check out all possibilities. Good Luck

0 Likes